High octane sci-fi shooter, orbital ball, available for pre-order today, with a global launch date of November 10, is heading to Nintendo Switch. Prepare your blasters; the thrilling neon shooter orbital ball goes mobile, thanks to the efforts of publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer SmokeStab.
To celebrate the announcement, the developer released an official Switch trailer:
orbital ball uses exhilarating gameplay mechanics that are guaranteed to make your trigger finger itch. Navigate through Sleeves of procedurally generated enemies and environments ready to destroy, utilizing a cache of explosive weapons and unlocking abilities through an intricate skill tree. Get out the heavy guns and blast your way through swarms of randomly generated, gnarly enemies and obstacles to show the Dread Corporation that you’re not just going to fall in line – you’re going to pull out guns blazing.
Bringing this gripping adventure to Nintendo Switch turns combat into a literal “pick-up and play” experience, allowing new audiences to experience the thrilling, synth-infused world of Orbital ball.
Main features of orbital ball:
- Nothing “Rosie” about this ring: A unique 2.5D ring-shaped world offers a one-of-a-kind framework with a 360° rotatable level design. Land the most satisfying long-range curved shots you’ve ever taken, or blast and tear enemies apart with a charge from the Hyper Shotgun.
- Bullets and body mods: No rogue-lite is complete without all sorts of nifty upgrades, mods, skill trees and heavy weapons to keep your sci-fi beater strapped in and ready for action; improve your character’s stamina by unlocking permanent upgrades such as the Combo System, Medi-Backpack or a more powerful starter weapon.
- Stay classy: Four meticulously crafted classes can be unlocked by solving challenging puzzles and include epic per-class abilities, such as the turret-wielding Engineer or the fire-powered Hellion.
- Intense Arcade Action: A game that defines “one more run”, orbital ball throws you into the fray with ferocious, frantic action. Jump, dodge and shoot through hordes of enemies while traversing several beautiful and unique biomes.
- No time to relax: Instant level transitions at the end of a stage keep the chaos and your trigger finger compound; no more interrupting the rhythm with cutscenes or hub worlds!
orbital ball is available for pre-order on Nintendo Switch from October 27, 2022, for £17.99 GBP / €17.99 EUR. Additionally, players can grab the title on PC via Steam and GOG for £13.49 GBP / €16.99 EUR.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can write to us at [email protected]